System Support Technician
Location – Medford Oregon
Tekmanagement, Inc has been locally owned and operated in the Rogue Valley over 40 years and we are looking to add a System Support Technician to our team. This is a full-time benefited position that starts accruing from Day 1.
The System Support Technician is our first level of support for our clients. You will be exposed to all areas of technology (workstations, servers, printers, networks, hardware & software, as well as vendor specific hardware). You will at times need to work with Third Party Vendors to resolve client issues.
- Act as the single point of contact to the customer for all types of service requests
- Coordinate scheduling field technical resources
- IT Support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft’s core business applications and operating systems
- Support of disaster recovery solutions
- Basic technical support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security
- Basic remote access solution implementation and support: VPN, Terminal Services, and VNC
- Monitor the remote monitoring and management system alerts and notifications, and respond accordingly through service tickets
- System documentation maintenance and review in CRM
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
- Advanced understanding of operating systems, business applications, printing systems, and network systems
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care
- Diagnosis skills of technical issues
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
- Service awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment.
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction
- Fast turnaround of customer requests.
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively
- Ensure requests are routed to the proper resource in order to be resolved quickly and efficiently
- Escalate service requests that require engineer level support
- Responsible for entering time and expenses in CRM system as it occurs
- Understand processes in CRM system by completing assigned training materials and blueprints
- Enter all work as service tickets into CRM
How to apply:
Please submit a copy of your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.