Tekmanagement is looking to hire a Field Technician. The position is based in Medford, OR, and candidates should be ready to work closely with our Tek-Team. Take a look at the job description below, and follow the application instructions if it fits your skills and experience.
- Full-time position
- Medford based
- Salary: Competitive
Primary Job Duties: 85%
- Have 75%+ utilization each week
- Design new or modify existing computer systems to meet client needs. This includes a needs analysis, development of a solution to fill the needs, documentation of this solution, and testing of the solution.
- Use of systems analysis techniques and procedures to determine hardware, software or system functional specifications.
- Exercise independent judgment in performing your job.
- Implement and support disaster recovery solutions
- Maintain documentation
- Communicate with Dispatch schedule updates/changes
- Develop project plans, goals, and budgets: identify resources needed
- Work the Help Desk when time permits; communicate with Dispatch when not available.
Account Management: 5%
- Maintain customer satisfaction
- Be aware of customers budget cycle and perform system reviews accordingly
- Watch for trending issues and propose solutions as needed
Key Internal Systems: 5%
- Be a technical point of contact for Products You Champion
Be a person of Good Character:
- Trustworthy, reliable, honest, consistent
- Excellent customer service, helpful, team player, good communicator, cost-effective
- Respectful, compassionate, kind and considerate
- Proactive, prepared, resourceful, big picture, follow through, plan before action
- Competent, lifelong learner, trainer, does it right and on time, knowledgeable
Communications and Sales: 5%
- Add sales opportunities into ConnectWise as activities for the Sales team to follow up with
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- IT support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft’s core business applications, as well as virtual environments
- Support services for Microsoft related technologies: Windows Server, Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, etc.
- Technical services and support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team and communicate effectively
- Escalate service or project issues that cannot be completed within agreed service levels
- Communicate to customers: keeping them informed of progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed to outages, etc.
- Business awareness: specific knowledge of the customer and how IT relates to their business strategy and goals
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for entering time and expenses in ConnectWise as it occurs
- Understand processes in ConnectWise by completing assigned training materials and blueprints on the ConnectWise University
- Work through a daily schedule in ConnectWise
- Work through project tickets and phases in ConnectWise
- Enter all work as service or project tickets into ConnectWise
- Review IT publications and online materials to remain up-to-date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care
- Ability to use independent judgment or discretion to resolve complex technical issues
- Diagnosis skills of technical issues
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Technical awareness: an ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
- Service awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment
How to apply:
Please submit a copy of your resume, a cover letter as well to email@example.com.