Junior Field Technician-Medford Oregon
Tekmanagement, Inc has been locally owned and operated in the Rogue Valley for 40+ years and we are looking to add a Junior Field Technician to our team. This is a full-time benefitted position that you start accruing from Day 1.
Candidates should be ready to work closely with our brilliant Tek-Team to deliver Southern Oregon’s best IT support! See the job description below and follow the application instructions if it fits your skills and experience. We can’t hire you if you don’t apply!
Junior Field Technician
- Full-time position
- Medford based
- Salary: $45,000-$55,000 DOE + benefits
Primary Job Duties
- Have 75% utilization each week
- Design new or modify existing computer systems to meet client needs. This includes a needs analysis, development of a solution to fill the needs, documentation of this solution, and testing of the solution.
- Use of systems analysis techniques and procedures to determine hardware, software or system functional specifications.
- Exercise independent judgement in performing your job.
- Implement and support disaster recovery solutions
- Maintain documentation
- Communicate with Dispatch schedule updates/changes
- Develop project plans, goals, and budget: identify resources needed
- Work the Help Desk when time permits; communicate with Dispatch when not available
- -1-2 years’ experience
- -Have working knowledge of Computer systems (Servers & PC), VPN’s, Firewalls, Switches, Etc.
- -Ability to diagnose technical issues
- -Understanding of support tools, techniques, & how technology is used to provide IT services
- -Able to communicate effectively with clients & peers
- -The ability to work independently
- -The ability to multi-task
- -The ability to create & maintain detailed documentation
- -Knowledge of Active Directory
- -Knowledge of Group Policy
- -Be able to lift/push/pull up to 50lbs unassisted on a regular basis
- -Reliable transportation
Additional skills/proficiency levels (not required but preferred)
- -Prior MSP experience
- -Microsoft Certified
- -A+ Certified
- -Windows OS
- -Apple iOS
- -Knowledge of PCI compliance
Additionally, to fit in to Tek culture, you must be of Good Character
- Trustworthy, reliable, honest, & consistent
- Excellent customer service, helpful, team player, good communicator, cost-effective
- Respectful, compassionate, kind and considerate
- Proactive, prepared, resourceful, big picture, follow through, plan before action
- Competent, lifelong learner, trainer, does it right and on time, knowledgeable
How to apply
Please submit a copy of your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org