Tier 1 System Support Technician (Help Desk)-Medford Oregon
Tekmanagement, Inc has been locally owned and operated in the Rogue Valley for 39+ years and we are looking to add a System Support Technician to our team. This is a full-time benefitted position that you start accruing from Day 1.
The Tier 1 System Support Technician is our first level of support for our clients. You will be exposed to all areas of technology (workstations, servers, printers, networks, hardware & software, as well as vendor specific hardware). You will at times need to work with Third Party Vendors to resolve client issues.
Salary Range: $18.00-$23.00/hour plus benefits
- Act as the single point of contact to the customer for all types of service requests
- Coordinate scheduling field technical resources
- IT Support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft’s core business applications and operating systems
- Support of disaster recovery solutions
- Basic technical support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security
- Basic remote access solution implementation and support: VPN, Terminal Services, and VNC
- Monitor the remote monitoring and management system alerts and notifications, and respond accordingly through service tickets
- System documentation maintenance and review in ConnectWise
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
- Advanced understanding of operating systems, business applications, printing systems, and network systems
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care
- Diagnosis skills of technical issues
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
- Service awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment.
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction
- Fast turnaround of customer requests.
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively
- Ensure requests are routed to the proper resource in order to be resolved quickly and efficiently
- Escalate service requests that require engineer level support
- Responsible for entering time and expenses in ConnectWise as it occurs
- Understand processes in ConnectWise by completing assigned training materials and blueprints on the ConnectWise University
- Enter all work as service tickets into ConnectWise
- 1 year minimum Help Desk experience